SUB

A TOTALLY AMATEUR BANKNOTE COLLECTOR

Sunday 13 January 2013

EASTERN CARIBBEAN STATES




 The Eastern Caribbean States , formerly the British Caribbean territories, is a grouping of islands in the caribbean. each island group is identified with a letter  and , latterly by a series of bars on the front bottom left (see above). The Islands are;

Antiqua and barbuda   A      III I
Dominica                   D     II  I
Grenada                     G     I   I
St.Kitts and Nevis       K     I  II
St. Lucia                    L     I I I
St Vincent and
the Grenadines            V     II II
Monserrat                   M    I III
Anguilla                      U     IIIII

The Note above, the 10 Dollar note from 2003 is from St Vincent and the Grenadines - the reg number is H090718V , V being the letter for St Vincint, and the Bars are  II II, which again identify the island. the date is a bit more complicated as it is down to the mark at the right of the queens head - this one is a foil Fish which identifies the 2003 issue . see the $5 below for different marks.





The $5 notes show the differences in island group and date across the currency. the top one is from Monserrat ( M + I III) where as the bottom is from Grenada (G + I   I) But you can also see that the mark to the right of the queen are different from the $10 Above although they all depict a fish. The Bottom one is from 2003 where as the top $5 is from the 2000 issue.




No comments:

Post a Comment