SUB

A TOTALLY AMATEUR BANKNOTE COLLECTOR

Saturday 24 October 2015

A NOTE THAT HAS BEEN BUGGING ME !!!!



I had this note listed under Iran-Azerbijan but I was never able to confirm what it was so it took some time but finally I have sorted it out!! It is not from Iran-azerbijan but from a predecessor of Uzbekistan, The Bukara Soviet Peoples republic.

It took a bit of detective work on my part. First of all most of the note is in Arabic script, and I don't read Arabic script but I can look up the numbers which in this case are in the corners of the top image. 20,000. however there are 3 variations of the Arabic numbers - Arabic-Turkish, Malay-Persian and Hydrabad Arabic.

On the back of the note it has the date as 1922 in western script and also 20000 in top left and bottom right corners. In the other corners was the Cyrillic script for rouble (I know this from the Russian notes) so I looked for Russian areas that had Arabic script. I didn't find the note in any of these as it was a time of great change throughout the world but especially in Russia as they formed the USSR. eventually I tried Google and struct it lucky for images of 20000 rubles. This gave me the Bukhara soviet and then was able to look it up in the standard catalogue of world paper money (specialized issues)

So, at long last, here is the 20000 rubles note from 1922 issued by the Bukhara Soviet Peoples Republic which was part of the USSR.

you can see the previous post HERE

The other note is correctly identified as the 50 Tomans note.

No comments:

Post a Comment